Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

My mother was an amazing woman. I hope that I am half as good of a mother as she was! I love her for the wonderful example that she set for me to follow. I miss her so much but I know that she is there whispering little messages when I need them most. I have so many good mother examples in my life. I am very thankful to my mother-in-law who is so good to our family and is a wonderful grandmother to my children and raised her son to be such a good husband and father.

We went to the cemetery to leave flowers on my mothers grave. I think that it is good for my kids because they always ask cool questions about her and life and death. It is always a learning experience to go there.




I love this picture..... for a long time, Brad did not want to go to the cemetery. (No one can blame him) I think that he has done a lot of healing in the past couple of years and has grown up a ton. He gave me the sweetest mother's day card.
I'm so glad that I get the chance to help raise him.





These are aprons that I made for Josh's mom for mothers day. One for her and one for the granddaughters when they are helping cook in the kitchen. Oh sooooo FUN!


6 comments:

Ty n Ann said...

How Fun I am glad you had a great mothers day! Miss ya'll

Kaydi Paxman said...

Your mom was amazing! I can still remember lunches at your house during high school, she would feed anybody who showed up. I'm sure you're following in her footsteps.

KJenx said...

I agree on all praise about your mom. She rocked.

I am reminded of Sis. Beck's talk in the general RS meeting when her mother was leaving on a mission for the church...."One day before she left, I sat weeping with her and asked, “Who will be my mother?” Mother thought carefully, and with the Spirit and power of revelation which comes to women of this kind, she said to me, “If I never come back, if you never see me again, if I’m never able to teach you another thing, you tie yourself to Relief Society. Relief Society will be your mother.”
Mother knew that if I was sick, the sisters would take care of me, and when I had my babies, they would help me. But my mother’s greatest hope was that the sisters in Relief Society would be powerful, spiritual leaders for me. I began from that time to learn abundantly from women of stature and faith."

That was a great quote!

Becky said...

Very cool. I am glad you had a great day. Me too. You need to loose the pictures of Women's conf. LOL I am not a fan of having my picture taken.
Love ya

Jenna said...

I hope you had a good Mom's day. It was nice to be able to spend it with such good women. I know your mother is so proud of the mother you've become. Hopefully we'll see you soon- which means find a van!

The Russell 4 said...

Your mother has touched so many lives including mine. Thank you for sharing her while she was on this earth. Great job with Brad he is becoming a wonderful young man. It has been a pleasure to work with him on the youth conference committee.