Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am not a runner!

Yesterday Josh and I ran in a 10K race at Ft. Tuthill. (If you are like me a couple of years ago.... you have no idea how far that is...it is 6.2 miles) I am so proud of Josh for doing this. His company was a sponsor for the race and I just tagged along. (literally tagged... along) Josh finished in 1 hour, 5 min and I finished in 1 hour 13 min. Not too bad. The whole race I kept thinking, this would be a ton easier if I didn't have this 20 lb caboose attached to me, but then I thought, that's exactly why I am doing this, to lose the 20 lbs!

Don't I look thrilled!?

I couldn't take any pictures of Josh since he finished before me so you can just see me as I crossed the finish line. Yeah!!! (see the caboose?)

Last January 1st, 2008, I ran a marathon in Texas with my friends Becky and Rana. What a great experience. I think that everyone should run one at some point in their life. I am not a runner but I was able to finish 26.2 miles. It gave me such a sense of accomplishment. Josh is training to run one in Flagstaff this September. I am proud of him and all the goals that he is accomplishing.

1 comment:

Becky said...

YOU GO GIRL! And by the way - YOU ARE A RUNNER! Hello!!!! You are so amazing - is there anything Sara Clouse can't DO???? I am so proud of you and Josh! Awesome~
PS you can come canoeing anytime!